as any one ever

Rate this topic

as any one ever replaced a fan clutch on a 6.0 due to engine overheating I have never replace one that was faulty always been where the wires wore not in place.

Not so much for overheating, more for A/C performance, and destroyed A/C compressors.

P.S. these NEVER set a DTC but they would blow the high pressure pop off on the high side line on the manifold near the compressor. The ambulance crews seldom notice anything is amiss until the A/C blows warm or the smoke comes out of the compressor clutch because it was on high idle when the fan clutch failed to engage and locked up the compressor up. All of my fleet are Econolines so air flow is already marginal.

I have replaced more than my share of fan clutches for P0528/P0480 and for failing to reach >2800 RPMs when active commanded to 100% @ engine RPMs of 2500.

I have replaced more than my share of fan clutches for P0528/P0480 and for failing to reach >2800 RPMs when active commanded to 100% @ engine RPMs of 2500.

yep.

All the time especially in the summer months typically has a/c performance issues with that too

More so then the fan wires being cut.

Here, in Alberta, there is a near legendary tale of a 6.0 that had at least two sets of head gaskets and a pair of heads before the owner put the truck into meltdown (catastrophic failure). I am told that someone finally looked at the face of the radiator to see it blocked off with crap....

I understand that it took a bit to decide liability.

well the truck never had a problem with ac at all but the engine wanted to always run hot after i good hard run and plus this thing has some weight going on. Here in NC never put one on due from defect it was always consumer or mechanic fault due to the wires getting cut. i replace it and works great and test driving pick up a misfire, performed power balance found some bad injectors i wonder how hot this got and not cooked the egr cooler or blow the head gaskets.