Database incomplete.

Rate this topic

If anyone gets this message while attempting a reprogram and you have in fact started the IDS session KOEO, go into As-built data and download partnumbers for both the PCM and TCM. Then retry.

Sure did. Would have been nice to include that very simple information in the SSM. Instead I was on hold for awhile waiting for the diesel team, then transfered over to the module team. The fix took less time that I was on hold for. GEEZ A FRICKIN LOO.

How many of you have been getting the system voltage too low message that boots you out of the process while attempting the relfash? I have one right now that I have two booster sources connected, and still getting the same fucking message for the measely 0.7 that this bullshit pays!!!

Had one do that earlier today, mostly I think because there was a lot still plugged in the power outlets. Battery charger fixed that. I would take a good look at the DLC pins, maybe some crud in there giving a bit of resistance.

With the booster connected, try starting a new session. In extreme instances, you may need to restart IDS. We have no idea how often some of these things are sampled. How many times does IDS tell us to turn the key on or off and provide the tick mark to show that IT CAN'T TELL?

IDS is not going to check system voltage if it's programming doesn't tell it to.

A couple of FWIWs... there was a broadcast message about the "incomplete data" message. Second is the ability to recall past sessions - while reviewing code history might provide valuable insight, can we be sure that the previous tech identified the vehicle correctly? Session hopping or indicating a vehicle has NAV or IVD when it doesn't (or vice versa) may affect test readings or network test indications in a manner that could be misleading.

Above all else, we desperately need to keep an open mind and question each and every indication the system returns.

This message brought to you by the king of digression....