flush without removing tsat

Rate this topic

• 1 year later...

To answer my own question, it works, you just have to get it up to temp to flush the rad. After draining the flush chemical I back flush the heater core with the driver's block drain removed, flush out the rad through the upper hose, then run it with straight water till hot to get the remainder out of the coolers. Drain the block and rad then run it with the rad plug out while filling the degas with the hose. Drain the rad and block once more, fill with coolant, top off with water, done.

When I did mine, I did it when the rad went for a poop. I drained the rad and block, then removed the stats, and filled the cooling system with water. Ran it until it got to about 175 degrees, then dropped the rad and block drains again. Ran it again, dropped it again, then flushed water through from the degas bottle (via garden hose) out each block drain for a few minutes. Replaced rad, and filled with pre-mix ELC (red) antifreeze that ITEC specs for the Maxxforce 7.

When I did mine, I did it when the rad went for a poop. I drained the rad and block, then removed the stats, and filled the cooling system with water. Ran it until it got to about 175 degrees, then dropped the rad and block drains again. Ran it again, dropped it again, then flushed water through from the degas bottle (via garden hose) out each block drain for a few minutes. Replaced rad, and filled with pre-mix ELC (red) antifreeze that ITEC specs for the Maxxforce 7.

According to your post, you forgot to put the t-stats back in... :ohnoes:  :haha2:

I started then made the decision to remove the t-stats.I even managed to do it with out taking out the degas bottle.

What kind of times are you charging for these flushes? We see a lot of people putting green in 6.0s and 6.4s. I'm doing one as we speak

I think book time for the t-stat is 3.5 hrs. Then we add on 1.7 hrs for the flush. It's up to you if you want to charge more time to put the t-stats back in. I put just enough back together for it to run, so I don't charge more to put them back in.