intermittent no start(fuse 40 in bjb blows)

Rate this topic

intermittent no start(fuse 40 in bjb blows).

-relay good.

-circuit cdc25 (bn-gn)v drop .32v.

-connectors look good no corrosion.

*just wondering if anyone knows of any common wire issues

or possible bjb?????

thanks.

That's a 30 amp fuse, and it takes a lot to pop one them bad boys. If it's intermittent I would be looking at the starter as the culprit. You can isolate that wire with an amp clamp and see what the starter solenoid is pulling for amps and compare it to a like vehicle.

After thinking about this some more, it seems that this fuse may be blowing before the customer arrives at their destination and then won't start due to said fuse being open. That coupled with the fact that I have never seen a starter fail in this fashion, I am retracting my previous post. Does anyone know off hand if that starter wire goes through the harness loom under the radiator core? Any wire in that harness is subject to shorting out on the sheet metal. It's easy enough to check for a possible short in the left and right locations of the core support by removing the bottom 2 bolts from the front of the fender liners and pulling the bottom corner back and looking at the harness where it sits in the cutout of the core support. I would be very easy to identify a problem there if one exists.

• 2 weeks later...