99 F150 Cab

Rate this topic

Mbl35

How many hours is usual to lift a 99 f150 cab?

Got one with a totally rotted exuast manifold, the nuts are so rounded out they wont snap even, can't even grip them with my round off socket.

Still batting 1000 with the MIG. Man I am getting cocky about it too. Posted Image I'll burn the heads off or hit the rounded nuts with an air chisel to loosen them up and change the shape a little so maybe a twist socket will grab it.

Once there is nothing but studs left I use one of 2 options. If there's enough stud sticking out I'll heat it red hot, let the heat sink a little then grab it with a stud socket. If it breaks off (or is already broken off) flush then I will build the stud up with a weld and hammer a 1/4 or 5/16 twist socket over the warm soft metal. Let it cool a little and crank it out.

Quote:
Still batting 1000 with the MIG. Man I am getting cocky about it too.

Don't want to be the one to say it, but, you just screwed yourself. Posted ImageHope you had some wood to knock on when you typed that up. Posted Image

I've been saying it for a year! The technique is unbeatable. I got a broken bolt out of the back of an 03 6.0 turbo AFTER the customer tried to burn it out with an acetelyne torch. it was pretty much a recessed molten glob in that hole and it came out.

I'm not going to deny it takes time. As long as I never have to drill another stud I'm fine with it.

You dont have to use a mig. any welder "may work" if you are able to get in there.

Side note I have also found that If it wont come out right away that you somtimes need to let it cool down like overnight. weld on a nut and out it comes. The only part of the stud that sticks is the shoulder of the stud that touches the head.