PTS /IDS Internet Explorer Settings

Rate this topic

• 2 years later...

Thanks Keith, you are right, I can see it on my home computer.

As it turns out though, my recent IDS problems are now inflicted by our IT department :borg:. They have decided to make the dealerships public wifi block the site we get calibrations from. For the last 2 days we haven't been able to reflash anything. Now they have a "solution" by which we can access a secure wireless connection, but now we can't be simultaneously connected wirelessly with VCM2 - so no interactive diagnostics or APIM tests ect. 

I suggested just making the public wifi allow access to the Ford site, but they feel the need to micro manage everything computer related... Even though most of the IDS laptops are owned by the technicians, and NONE have Reynolds software so there is no risk of customer info getting hijacked even if we did get a virus. I reeeeally want to shoot somebody :angry: .

Thanks Keith, you are right, I can see it on my home computer.

As it turns out though, my recent IDS problems are now inflicted by our IT department :borg:. They have decided to make the dealerships public wifi block the site we get calibrations from. For the last 2 days we haven't been able to reflash anything. Now they have a "solution" by which we can access a secure wireless connection, but now we can't be simultaneously connected wirelessly with VCM2 - so no interactive diagnostics or APIM tests ect. 

I suggested just making the public wifi allow access to the Ford site, but they feel the need to micro manage everything computer related... Even though most of the IDS laptops are owned by the technicians, and NONE have Reynolds software so there is no risk of customer info getting hijacked even if we did get a virus. I reeeeally want to shoot somebody :angry: .

We have dedicated wireless strictly for the shop. No one else has access to it but the techs. We also have no public access wifi.

Our company finally fixed their internet problems - used to be very slow most of the time, wireless would go down frequently. I was having a lot of IDS problems as a result of it. They installed commercial routers to replace the "off the shelf" home routers that were there.  

If you are using the VCM-2 you should be connecting using an ad-hock network and not through a wireless router. This simply means it's a dedicated two way network between the VCM and your computer.

I fixed our wireless router issue at work. I simply picked up a 24 hour timer from the clearence rack at the local Home Depot. Now it shuts off for a half hour forcing it to reboot every night.

Thats a great ideal

• 5 years later...

For anyone getting kicked into Microsoft Edge when they log into Inford or PTS, this is what you need to change. Open Egde, open drop down menu- three DOTS in top right corner, click settings, click Default Browser, SET Let Internet Explorer open sites in Microsoft Edge to NEVER. This will stop IE from saying PTS is no longer supported in IE and opening Edge.

For anyone still having the old login screen and then the new one, just change your homepage or bookmark to either www.fordtechservice.dealerconnection.com or www.atfmcdealer.dealerconnection.com. This will eliminate the old login screen.

• Like 2

On 8/19/2020 at 2:40 PM, lmorris said:

For anyone getting kicked into Microsoft Edge when they log into Inford or PTS, this is what you need to change. Open Egde, open drop down menu- three DOTS in top right corner, click settings, click Default Browser, SET Let Internet Explorer open sites in Microsoft Edge to NEVER. This will stop IE from saying PTS is no longer supported in IE and opening Edge.

For anyone still having the old login screen and then the new one, just change your homepage or bookmark to either www.fordtechservice.dealerconnection.com or www.atfmcdealer.dealerconnection.com. This will eliminate the old login screen.

I was trying to figure the edge problem out for about for 2 weeks.

I googled and check some computer websites. 

The answer is here, on DTS

Big THANKS!

• 3 months later...