windows 8

Rate this topic

Anybody have any experience with windows 8? I just bought a new pc, and It came with a voucher for a free windows 8 upgrade. Not sure if I should get it or wait. 7 seems to work good.

From what I understand, Windows 8 is optimized for touch screen based set-ups. If you have an Xbox 360 with all the latest updates it is quite similar to Windows 8.

I bought a new laptop a couple weeks ago with Windows 8 on it, it takes a little getting used to, but it's pretty easy to navigate, there's still a 'traditional' desktop, but then there's the 'start' screen which is laid out kinda like a tablet, or like Leon said, kinda like the Xbox 360.

Once again, I'm getting old. I've never used an Xbox 360, or for that matter, an Xbox. I had such a bad experience with Windows Vista that I vowed to NOT upgrade to a newer version until it was tried and proven (by someone else) on all automotive software. My belief is that much of the software we (I) use runs 2 years or more behind current and therefore we are at much more risk for computer grief when upgrading. I'm still using XP Pro.......

Posted Image

I'm still using XP Pro.......

Posted Image

I have shared my experiences with running computers and software for far too long patheirier life expectancies and the troubles I have experienced because of my unwillingness to upgrade. I too share a cautious approach to new software, BUT staying closer to the leading edge has shown me the errors of my ways. When I started running Windows 7 my computing experiences have been nothing but happy and productive with virtually no problems at all. In fact, I now find mt Windows XP machines to be lacking in many ways. Posted Image

At this time I have no compelling desire or need to upgrade to Windows 8. It will only happen with the purchase of new systems. For the moment I am enamoured by my new smart phone and I am rediscovering music...

If there is no expiry on when the upgrade to Windows 8 can take place, I would hold off and stay with Windows 7 only until you feel most of the compatibility issues of Windows 8 are worked out. Love my Windows 7 computers and like Keith, I love my new smart phone with the new version of Android. This is my second android, but I find the newer software versions just keep getting better all the time. Samsung Galaxy S3..........Love it!