6.0 visteon air box and filter part numbers?

Rate this topic

Matt Saunoras

No, it's not showing up in the parts catalogs. It's a conversion kit to get rid of the hard to change donaldson style air filters that come stock on a 6.0 F-series and replace them with a gasser style air box. I believe the filter is the same one a V10 uses

Found it. I didn't realize it was a WIX part. #24490 is what I was looking for. I see a few trucks with these and didn't know what was required if a replacement was needed. Figured it was ford because of the obvious association with visteon

If it's the rectangular style that I vaguely recall seeing on a couple F-550s, I personally think it sucks ass compared to the "hard to change" style, which I don't personally think is hard at all, once you know the secret. Just like changing out a belt on one of these.

Yeah, stick with the stock Donaldson filter that's "hard to change"....

FWIW, I can change the filter in less than 5 minutes, but then I work with some guys that insist on changing the filter "the hard way". Personally, I don't see the point of doing it the hard way when I've shown them the 'secret' easy way to do it....

I have seen the kit your talking about and it was classified severe duty service if I recall correctly. I find that hard to believe as the filtration is actually worse on those conventional flat paper filters then the Donaldson filters we have come to love in the 6.0.

just look at the 7.3 kit that upgrades to the Donaldson filter to improve filtration. Yeah its a 60dollar filter but you will make up with that in a clean engine

My opinion is that the Wix 24490 does not filter as well as the original PowerCore filter. However, there are applications that need the filter changed almost daily like highway broom truck, or brush fire truck. In these situations I tell the cust they have options.

Posted Image

Yeah I'm not saying I'd offer it up to anyone that didn't need one but the option is there. I was just wondering because I initially thought it was a ford filter kit. I see it actually uses the same filter the e-series 6.0 uses.

I don't fight 6.0 filters anymore either but there are a lot of customers that still do. It's kind of funny. I had a guy watch me do his recently because it took him an hour previously.