blue smoke when cold

Rate this topic

Truck is a 01 f350

When vehicle is under 170 degrees oil temp vehicle has blue smoke. Starts bad and gradually lessons at 150 only has smoke on high rpm acceleration then at 170 it stops and truck is fine. Checked codes had codes for 2 qnd 8 high to low open on injector buzz test few sounded week. Wiring from Idm to uvc was good uvc to injectors were good. So I replaced idm no more circuit codes. Let vehicle warm up and perform contribution and cylinder 8 and 3 was low. Pulled covers and checked compression. They were around 425 when warm and 400 when cold. Replaced injectors. Road tested got air out of system and noticed check engine light randomly coming on and would go out on heavy accel. Come on when you cut Posted Image back on the foot feed. Checked codes and I have cylinder 8 and 3 contribution still. Buzz test shows high to low open on 2 4 and 6. Checked wiring again all is good. Uvc shows each injector at 2.8-3.1 ohms. What should I do.

tryed new idm codes went away after driving codes came back. kept swapping injectors with known. i take it injectors are bad and are taking out the new fidm..

also did compression again for cylinder 8 contribution code and all compression was around 400 and cyl 8 was around 350. never seen one this mild. think this is cause for concern with the blue smoke?

• 1 month later...