12S41

Rate this topic

mchan68

Yep - Escape. Basically, each step is a picture (not a photo) with coloured items. The first trick is to figure out what it is a picture of and from what angle. Somehow, I think it would be easier to say "Remove the three exhaust manifold to catalytic converter bolts" than to print two fucking near useless pictures.

Yep - Escape. Basically, each step is a picture (not a photo) with coloured items. The first trick is to figure out what it is a picture of and from what angle. Somehow, I think it would be easier to say "Remove the three exhaust manifold to catalytic converter bolts" than to print two fucking near useless pictures.

Just looking through the workshop manual procedure for this, also makes me shake my head when I see some illustrations with highlighted parts but no text to accompany it!!! WTF?!!! Does FoMoCo think we don't know how to read?!!!

Just looking through the workshop manual procedure for this, also makes me shake my head when I see some illustrations with highlighted parts but no text to accompany it!!! WTF?!!! Does FoMoCo think we don't know how to read?!!!

It's annoying, eh? I did a Fusion PDI the other day and one of those small check boxes calls for you to test the single push up and down feature of the power windows. Sure enough it wasn't operative so to the manual I go to find the initialization procedure.

It has no text - just pictures with yellow indicating the buttons to press. It took me longer to decipher (and translate into text) what they wanted me to do than it did to initialize the things. If it was frustrating on something as simple as that I can only imagine how bad it is on an engine re and re.

Why the change? New techs can't read? Euro-style manuals to hop across the language barriers?

I think they are trying for a "one language fits all" manual. They failed - miserably, obviously.

Otherwise, now they are faced with translating ad infinitum. For Canada - french and English and theyb are not allowed to release the English version until the French version is simultaneously released. In the US, it would likely be English and Spanish and of course, Europe would be a bone of contention with higher Germanic and lower Germanic languages (sorry guys, I'm on shakey knowledge ground here) and so on. We haven't even started on Asian languages and dialects - how many different flavours of Chinese are there (bad pun)?

They care little about the techs since "shop manual time" is already figured into SLTs - and if you already know how to read - too fucking bad - you can look at the pretty pictures, too.