The Human Hoist

Rate this topic

That's a pretty slick outfit. Would be really good for doing brakes on a big truck, sitting down to assemble the brakes and put the drum on, and then slide underneath to grease the camshafts and slacks and set the brakes up.

I didn't watch the whole video because I couldn't handle the music, but what kinda money, or is it just a one-off that someone built?

You need liability insurance on a product and the ins. cos. will run when they see this. If the switch sticks, or gets bumped, or is pushed while you're under a car, instant crushed skull and death or disabling injury. It will never make it to market.....

Posted Image

I find that, at my age and in my <errrrrrrmmmm> "condition", that there are more vehicles I don't fit under than vehicles I do fit under - creeper not-with-standing.

As much fun as this stupid thing looks I am getting to the point where I am just tired of climbing up and down on trucks and crawling under them. I can fit under trucks. I can't fit under running boards. Posted Image

Originally Posted By: Bruce Amacker
You need liability insurance on a product and the ins. cos. will run when they see this. If the switch sticks, or gets bumped, or is pushed while you're under a car, instant crushed skull and death or disabling injury. It will never make it to market.....

Killjoy. I am guessing you are probably right.

The Mac Tools product team actually looked into this unit and producing it. They didn't say what the cost was, but they did say that it was far too expensive to even consider. And if they say that, trust me it's worth a a pretty penny. Do you folks think the average tech would consider this product?

Posted Image

Understood LOUD and CLEAR. Especially in the good old U. S. of A. the land of litigation.