04 explorer 4.6 with po340

Rate this topic

Mbl35

In runs well, just a tiny shake at idle. And no engine noise.

.... and you will be surprised at how "well" these engines will continue to run being off time by as much as a tooth and a half. What you or the customer might perceive as a "tiny shake" at idle might tell you a whole different story, if you were to have access to a scan tool that can pull up a pictograph power balance screen. Unfortunately, with our IDS if you attempt such a feat, you may end up getting booted out with a pop-up screen advising you to correct CMP/CKP synchronization first. Although I haven't tried it yet, if you have access to such a tool, you might want to clear the code first and then re-attempt to enter the power balance screen. If you do manage to gain access to it, there shouldn't be any more that needs to be said.

I have autoenginuity, it goes in but half the screen stays low.

I am not happy with a i's version of powerballance sincre

Ive had 6 .0 misfires that wont even show on the graph.

Yeah there is no real substitute for ids.

Originally Posted By: Mbl35
In runs well, just a tiny shake at idle. And no engine noise.
.... and you will be surprised at how "well" these engines will continue to run being off time by as much as a tooth and a half. What you or the customer might perceive as a "tiny shake" at idle might tell you a whole different story, if you were to have access to a scan tool that can pull up a pictograph power balance screen. Unfortunately, with our IDS if you attempt such a feat, you may end up getting booted out with a pop-up screen advising you to correct CMP/CKP synchronization first. Although I haven't tried it yet, if you have access to such a tool, you might want to clear the code first and then re-attempt to enter the power balance screen. If you do manage to gain access to it, there shouldn't be any more that needs to be said.

it's a pretty quick thing to check with the scope ... i know for sure there is a batch of known good cam/crank correlation screen grabs on PTS

• 3 months later...

Fuel trims stay pegged negative and dont move on bank2 -i believe it was.

I think the engine jumped time. I couldnt drive it-no plates.

Never stopped me Posted Image