Updated IDS, now registry errors

Rate this topic

went through and did the latest update on IDS .... 85.01??? (can't remember now) ............ following the update I now receive windows (7) registry errors. IDS boots but claims possible firewall issues and immediately closes. am I alone here?

TIS hotline is closed. attempting to download the latest edition from Motorcraft site and we'll see how this goes.

it's not like a needed my IDS this morning, anyway : /

Sounds like you got a corrupt download. We updated to 85.02 yesterday and is fine. Also running Win7. FWIW I always have the current and previous versions of IDS saved to my hard drive, that way if I encounter a problem with an update I can go back to the previous version quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody else having any issues trying to update to 85.03? I have been trying the last few hours and I keep getting the pop-up window to tell me to close Internet Explorer before continuing that won't go away, even though I don't have it open. It then goes on to complete the process, but when I attempt to load up IDS it either loads up 85.02 or won't load at all. When checking for updates, it still shows 85.03 as available.