6.4L inspection.

Rate this topic

WOW! That 6.4L is a tight fit! This was not a production unit, but man, talk about a new learning curve concerning servicing! It looks like everything we were hearing is about right. The series turbo (I don't like "twin turbo") setup with the small one feeding into the large one. LOTS of plumbing, but that might get cleaned up some. We were told it's basically the same block. It's just a question of when the 2007's get released next year. I will have ask if I can get some H.P./Torque specs.

What did you think of the cooling system bundle? Makes you wish for the 6.0 back /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif . Are they starting training classes yet or did you catch one on the road?

They are supposed to go into production next year. This one was being used for preliminary time studies. They are running a few more on the line now for testing purposes. One guy said 700+ torque, but then someone else said high 600's torque and about 350 H.P. so I guess that's not finalized. I figure production ones HAVE to be cleaner than the one I saw. I could not even see the back of the engine in there. I just hope they make up their minds about removing bodies for service under warranty.

I am not sure what production level the truck you saw was but I have yet to see one that is much fun to work on. I feel bad for you guys that are going to have to make it on flat rate. Hopefully oil changes will be the only thing the hood is opened for..........

• 1 month later...

I have heard we will see them in Nov of '06. My hope is that they are as big a piece of crap as the 6.0L. IF it werent for 6.0L warranty, I'd be starving!

Also per a Ford Training instructor, they are working on labor times for cab removal.

Quote:
I feel bad for you guys that are going to have to make it on flat rate.
I think it pays to have guys working on these that are not flat rate. I am not flat rate anymore. My JOB is to diagnose and fix these trucks and keep our customers happy. I need to be productive of course but my employer has placed emphasis on getting the job done. The other guys I work with are pretty good at keeping on the move and as a team we hold our own. I can see why so many techs just don't have the will to work on these anymore for the pay (flat rate)and I'll be honest, I wont do it ever again. Know your worth Gentlemen. Be trained, be good and be consistent and you will be worth your weight in gold. There are dealers willing to pay or at the very least willing to talk.