2006 Horn Switch Repair Kit ???

Rate this topic

I have 2006 F-Series here, in for its yearly inspection. One of the requirements for it to pass, is to have a functioning horn. On this particular unit, the horn switch is stuck ON. It appears Ford in their infinite wisdom has now offered a kit (6C3Z-13B802-C) to repair the switch, so as to avoid having to replace the entire driver air bag assembly which is a good idea. BUT, the "kit" prices out at $582.79 while the whole entire air bag itself prices out at $651.08!!! I'm sure many of you have crossed this bridge by now. Anyone care to comment? WTF???

Sure I'll comment.

0867 - HORN CONCERN FOR SOME 2001-2007 F-SD VEHICLES

SOME 2001-2007 F-SD VEHICLES MAY HAVE A CONCERN WITH THE HORN AS A RESULT OF THE HORN SWITCH LOCATED WITHIN THE DRIVER AIR BAG MODULE. THE HORN SWITCH CAN NOW BE SERVICED SEPERATELY WITH SERVICE KIT P/N 6C3Z-13B802-B. REFER TO SECTION 413-06 OF THE ON-LINE WSM AND SSM 19926 FOR THE REPAIR PROCEDURES. IT IS NO LONGER NECESSARY TO REPLACE THE DRIVER AIR BAG MODULE ASSEMBLY TO RESOLVE HORN CONCERNS ON THESE VEHICLES.

(issued in 2008)

The part number now changes to 3C3Z-13B802-C... List price at my dealership here in NJ is $350.55 USD which converts to $361.66 Canadian dollars. I have sen them for less on ebay. For the record its a thin plastic peice with two copper plates and I can't imagine how Ford can justify the price for what it is. As a matter if fact, A LOT of Ford part prices are outrageous these days.

And technically the horn DOES work... LOL

5. (1) The horn shall be inspected and tested and,

• the horn shall not be loose on its mounting; and
  • the horn shall function.