ICP Leak Code

Rate this topic

Its a 2007 LCF Have you guys experienced low ICP when cranking a no start and not have codes for it? I ended up pulling it apart and found the dummy plug seals in the oil rails in real bad shape. But why no codes for ICP or IPR? A 6-0 will give a code for low ICP when cranking.

Well, probably not the answer you were looking for but I have seen 6.0L engines not set any codes with low ICP. There are parameters and counters for setting codes. I bet if you keep cranking long enough or enough times without starting it will eventually set a code. These engines share many of the 6.0L problems and can be diagnosed similarly as you at least get an ICP signal to monitor. I am guessing you figured that out though

The one I posted about here for a long crank had no codes. Plug in the oil rail LHS leaking.

I am sure you are speaking of the ICP sensor hole that gets a plug on the left hand oil manifold. I have seen that seal fail many times on the 4.5L and it seems to be a common failure for some reason. I don't think I have ever heard of them failing on a 6.0L in contrast. As a matter of coincidence I ran into one of these about a week ago. was thinking it would be a good article topic and took pictures though I am sure I already have some in my archives. Truck was towed in for a no start. I found the plug seal blown out and figured it was an easy fix and put the cover back on only to find I still had low ICP. I went back in and found all of the lower oil rail bolts loose and the oil inlet backer ring and seal blown out of injector #4.

Come to think of it, that truck didn't have any codes either. :scratch:

Incidentally, If you order a new plug because the seal itself is not available to the best of my knowledge, you will discover that original style plug with the hex-head has been replaced with the familiar round plug with the 6mm Allen head... you know, the same one that comes with the STC fitting kit... that comes with the revised oil stand pipe kit! Many of us probably just toss those plugs or have a bunch of them tossed into a drawer in your toolboxes. As you will see by the pictures below the round plug does not solve anything by design.

lcfPlug2.jpg

lcfPlug1.jpg