No heat, coolant full, not overheating..has us stumpted.

Rate this topic

It's a modification. That is their only response. This was a crappy rebuilt right from the start. My first guess should have been the bleeding issues when I first put the engine in the truck. The fact that it was installed in summer and never needed the heater on was another deterent to finding out it was a shit engine build. Hotline states the delete alters coolant flow, I call bullshit, but it's out of my hands. It never had this issue with the original engine and it doesn't have the issue with the new short block and heads. So the issue was the original rebuilt, simple, I guess. What a piss off.

I am really having a hard time believing that eliminating the EGR coolers from the cooling system is going to have any impact. The coolers have their own feed from the water pump outlet and it returns directly to the front cover so capping the flow off should not affect anything. Also, with the coolers gone there is less heat going onto the cooling system that needs to be handled.  Alas... I am not an engineer but a lowly technician.

FWIW, the Ford version of the EGR delete does not cap off the coolant ports, it re routes them. I looked up all the "high sulfur" parts in the catalog one day when I was bored at work.

I have seen a few with EGR delete and both coolant passages are capped.

I'm in agreement with you guys, egr coolers should have no impact on heater core coolant flow. I have seen several 6.4s without coolers and they have never had a heat problem. In fact they have very few problems in general.

These guys are being dicks, plain and simple. Even with the evidence that the truck now has a new engine and still no EGR coolers, AND IS RUNNING FINE, they will not budge. We are urging the customer to put in a complaint to see what happens.