2003 jaguar xj8 mil on

Rate this topic

kevin phillips

I have a 2003 jag with a mil on and codes p0327 p0332 knock sensor codes that reset within a minute without even driving  and a reduced power message in cluster. I have limited info around on the jaguars and its a used trade in which the owner thinks is a keeper. Anyone have any experience on these or any pointers ? I don't see any issues with wiring and sensor connectors are clean at sensor and processor. leaning towards a ecu issue but looking for advice from the experts thanks for any help or advice Lincoln tests are way off connectors ect.

4.0 or 4.2?  I searched IATN and Identifix and came up pretty much empty. Here's something from IATN, it sounds like he did a resistance check on the sensor to condemn it:

2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5L Hesitation, Misfire, MIL Lamp on

By: Posted Image Joseph MullaneyBy: Joseph from New JerseyNov 6, 2007 11:44:17 AM in European Driveability1 Reply

Group,

Trying to replace top knock sensor. Sensor located under coolant outlet tube, that is under the front head, and below plenum. Does head come off for this or is there an alternative? Even thought about hooking up new knock and relocating it somewhere not as ridiculous as where it is currently located. All thoughts taken seriously, even if they require a grain of salt. Regards, Joe

Related Repair History

Car diagnosed with bad knock sensor via OHM, and the use of a known good unit. Symptoms gone, now need to R & R part.Posted Image

Joseph Mullaney

Technician/Manager
Mullaney Tyre & Car Care Center
Matawan, New Jersey, USA
FIX posted on Nov 7, 2007 12:20:21 PM

If anyone ever finds this, we were able to loosen the covered bolt on the coolant housing, rotate it out of the way for Knock sensor replace, and reinstall the shooting match. Car runs great, as Knock was cracked up around outside shell like I have seen in Nissans. No more codes and or misfires at higher RPM. Stan, those 2 bolts that hold (one is accessible) the housing down are tough. I broke 3 10mm swivels on the one under the head, and other is up against the housing itself. Really was not as bad as it looked, but Vat a dezeine!

Computer Codes & Descriptions
p0332- Knock sensor code