Beydler exhaust manifold drill guides

Rate this topic

I have yet to use mine yet as well. It seems as though broken manifold studs come in groups about once a year for me. I'll see 3 or 4 trucks seemingly all in one month and then nothing for a while. 

• 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Well, believe it or not, I finally got to use my set for the first time since buying them almost 2 years ago. Just an incredible product and a life saver. I hate trying to drill stuff and this thing makes me look like a veteran machinist!!!!!!

• Like 1

would love to see an "on car" how to video of a 5.4L (as they are generaly the toughest in terms of space). The feedback from buyers is very positive but I would like to see more videos before commiting over $500 for the kit (keepin mind that im in Canada so that $500 is closer to $1000 for me)

Mr. the_twig_187

I did three studs on my personal rig. It was an excursion v10. To be honest, the video/pictures I've taken were horrible and was more concerned about getting the job done as it was eating my Saturday afternoon. So I didn't bother posting them.On that particular repair I hit all three with just the tap drill 17/64 and chased it.

For you and everyone here on this thread, I'll give you guys 20% off because it's not only Easter.... The sun is shining today and that doesn't happen much in Oregon. I'll keep it active until the "boss" says stop. Use TAKEOFF20 in discount code box. Any other questions give us a call.

• Like 1

Mr. the_twig_187

I did three studs on my personal rig. It was an excursion v10. To be honest, the video/pictures I've taken were horrible and was more concerned about getting the job done as it was eating my Saturday afternoon. So I didn't bother posting them.On that particular repair I hit all three with just the tap drill 17/64 and chased it.

For you and everyone here on this thread, I'll give you guys 20% off because it's not only Easter.... The sun is shining today and that doesn't happen much in Oregon. I'll keep it active until the "boss" says stop. Use TAKEOFF20 in discount code box. Any other questions give

that sounds awesome! just trying to figure out at $500, how many of these would I have to do in order to make my money back and then eventually start making money with the tool. In Ottawa Ontario Canada we have a lot of salt on the roads and I do end up doing my fair share of broken exhaust studs.

My Shop charges 1hr for the first broken stud extraction and 0.5hrs per additional stud after the first one. so if you have 3 broken studs, my shop charges 2.0hrs to remove those broken studs on top of the labour for replacing that exhaust manifold or gasket. at $35 an hour and an average of about 2-3 broken studs per manifold. I would have the tool paid for in approx 5 or so manifold jobs. I did over 10 manifold jobs last year alone and the 5.4/4.6/6.8 engines are not getting any less rusty. I think I just talked myself into it lol

I've never done any 6.4 exhaust studs, just 5.4/6.8 here, but the 6.4 are probably a non-magnetic grade of stainless steel(I'd think either 304 or 316, and theres a lot of different grades out there depending on final application), non-ferrous to me would imply it being something like aluminum/brass/copper. If its stainless it can still be welded with the standard 70S6 wire from a MIG for extraction.

6.4 bolts are definitely ferrous, even though they're stainless they still have an iron content like all steels. I've extracted quite a few with my MIG and you can still weld them using normal carbon steel methods, it doesn't really affect anything (like Buddy said). What you do have to watch out for is accidentally welding to the head.

• 2 years later...