Beydler exhaust manifold drill guides

Rate this topic

Speaking of drilling out broken exhaust studs. A coworkers brother in law makes these cool little jigs to help. You still have to remove the exhaust manifold obviously but this thing makes drilling out the bolts easier. Simply bolt it onto the head and use the increasing size drill guides to step on your bit size. They have different mounting brackets for pretty much all ford engines. Dont always need it but when you do it will save you some headache

Posted Image

Fan-freakin-tastic! I had the idea for this years ago but no way to make one. Drilling out broken bolts SQUARELY is sometimes the key to success especially if it's in an aluminum head or you need to rethread the hole.

I found the web site that sells them. http://beydlercnc.com/

That is them, They have been doing these for quite some time but have recently started pushing them harder. I remember seeing the prototypes and thinking about how good of a idea it was. Being able to square up the hole with the head on the vehicle was almost impossible. I have had my setup for a while but have only recently used it. I plan to pick up the other templates for other engines soon. I know I have a 5.4 with a broken stud out there I need to fix.

Speaking of drilling out broken exhaust studs. A coworkers brother in law makes these cool little jigs to help. You still have to remove the exhaust manifold obviously but this thing makes drilling out the bolts easier. Simply bolt it onto the head and use the increasing size drill guides to step on your bit size. They have different mounting brackets for pretty much all ford engines. Dont always need it but when you do it will save you some headache

Posted Image

Fan-freakin-tastic! I had the idea for this years ago but no way to make one. Drilling out broken bolts SQUARELY is sometimes the key to success especially if it's in an aluminum head or you need to rethread the hole.

They 3 included sizes of guides pretty much nail getting 90% of the bolt out. You can easily break out the remaining section of threads or use a easy out to get the rest. In most cases it saves you from having to actually rethread the hole

I will be ordering the 5.4l template!

Thats the other cool thing about these. Once you get the full kit all you need is the template for other engines. I think the templates where like 50-60bucks ea

I haven't drilled a bolt in 3 years

I haven't drilled a bolt in years also.  Did this 6.4, and a 5.4 last week with 4 broken.  Once I get the wire speed set and my 110 mig on high, the stud will break again before the weld fails.

Drilling is obviously not the only method of getting a broken bolt out of the hole. I believe each situation dictates which method of attack you choose. This is just one more tool that can save your butt when you have to drill.

Book of matches and a half gallon out of the gas tank would be a better tool for a Villager... Lol

You can add the Contour/Mystique twins to that as well.

• 2 months later...

Gentlemen,

Anybody still interested in purchasing our CSB Drill guides will receive 20% off of your order for this weekend starting now till Monday the 26th.

Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.

Scott Beydler

541-258-5191

www.beydlercnc.com

Posted Image

• Like 1

Just placed an order and saved quite a bit with that discount!!!!

I waited too late to get these, I just spent about 3 nights after hours dinkin around with a broken bolt in a 64, it involved a plasma cutter if anyone wants to gage how long a job it turned out to be.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a nice little parcel waiting on me when I got home today, just in time for Father's Day!. I would like to do a product review but broken manifold bolts are slim around here (I know.....bummer) bahahahahahaha. In fact I have only ran into 2 jobs in the past year and a half as opposed to the 3 or 4 a month in VT.

I took advantage of the generous discount and ordered the whole shootin match. It's all I will ever need to fix the Ford's I work on. Thanks for an incredibly well though out and executed product!

cnc.jpg

• Like 2