Slackers

Rate this topic

Brad Clayton

One of the reasons I have a problem with lending out my tools.

This drill does not belong to the guy who used it and neither the lender nor the borrower have bothered with it. It rained like a bastard today and water collects in this area if the door is open......the door was open all day.

drill.jpg

We need our current SM to step up.  We had 3 ass clown hourly guys dicking on their phones for over an hour Thursday.  Then we had a flat rate guy flag 10 hours of work that I watched the hourly guy do.  This is not the first time this guy has flagged hourly guys time.  The SM states he will look into it, and he sees it as mentoring.  Man I should sit on my ass and "mentor".  We have a serious slacker issue.  More work than we have ever had, and guys don't give a shit.  OK, rant over.

We need our current SM to step up. 

One of a manager's many duties is to ensure the hired help is in the best position so that the company runs smoothly and profitably. We currently have a serious lack of that going on. Another duty is to go after work that isn't coming in the door. I watched a fleet drop off a truck at a competitors shop and I said you need to call them guys and find out what's up. Again it didn't happen.

Exactly! Get out there and get fleets in the door. I am surrounded by shitty dealers in this area, every one of my customers is tired of the other shops, we're not the selling dealer to any of them.  It should be easy to get new business in but that would require my SM to do the impossible and free his ass from his chair.

So our owner is moving us across town and my biggest fleet customer came in and asked what shop he should go to after we move. They spent over $400000 with us last year. Now we will be right next to our other store and have no presence on the east side of the city. I may be looking for a new company, I guess we will see.

So our owner is moving us across town and my biggest fleet customer came in and asked what shop he should go to after we move. They spent over $400000 with us last year. Now we will be right next to our other store and have no presence on the east side of the city. I may be looking for a new company, I guess we will see.

If you are moving to a better facility, you should be happy and enjoy it. If you're that good and your customers are that good to you, they will follow you. I had customers follow me from innisfail to Slave Lake. Look that up on a map or Google!

Well, the building will be the same, except it will have a floor drain.  This building is only 9 years old, and had a white floor and the best lighting ever.  The owner just can't stand leasing from the building owner.  The new building will be the same size, and all of the shop equipment, including the lifts are moving.  I had 4 of their trucks come in today, mostly maintenance and such.  I am guessing we will lose all of the maintenance and inspections, and keep the heavy work and diag work.  Only time will tell.  I did find out the dealer next door who has a huge newer shop is opening up for full service work.  At the moment they are only doing their own used cars.  hmm.

• 3 weeks later...