Rear Axle nut size for 2008 F-450

Rate this topic

I can't find this anywhere,  the book says "use suitable socket",  I know it is 8 sided but do not know the size.  A tool # or size/ID would really help if anyone knows it.

No, he's talking about the 8 point stamped steel wheel bearing nut, typically 3/4" drive. I have one at work... cant tell you the size right now. I could "recollect" but I prefer to be accurate.  Will post the size as soon as I can put my hands on it in the morning unless someone beats me to it.

I don't know about 2008 in particular but the socket I use on 450s and 550s for the rear wheel hub is 3 1/4" and yes it is quite large and 3/4" drive.  The 2011 550 I did today was the same size as I've seen in the past. 

edit -

Blue point ANS1909A is what I have.  Yes it is 8 sided, and no (until now) I did not even realize it was 8 sided. 

• 2 weeks later...

OTC is what I own. cheap and works. Think I even picked mine up from amazon

just make sure you have a 1/2 to 3/4 adapter. There is no need to run a 3/4 drive for this application. Torque is pretty light on these