Oil leak in the engine valley

Rate this topic

Hey fellas just wondering if anyone has seen this. I have a 2012 with 237,000 miles and its a tow truck. The engine valley is pretty soaked with oil around the front of the turbo area. Any suggestions here. Thank you for any help.

If the tube is oily, that is your leak, you need the tube and both fittings. I have also seen the turbo base gasket leak, and we had one that had 2 stripped out HPFP mounting bolts and the pump oring was leaking.

finally got back on this thing. The turbo oil tube has a little oil residue on the bottom part to the turbo. doesnt look culprit. The black rubber hose that attaches the intake to the turbo looks like it wasnt to tight on the clamps. either way going to replace both with this 237,000 miles and drive it. Next would be the turbo mounting gasket if this doesnt do the trick.

• 1 month later...

I've had pedestal leaks before.  They'll sometimes have a little oil residue in the coolant.  More than anything, I've had the fitting(s) on the turbo leak...  The coolant tube more than the oil.

21457 6.7L DIESEL - OIL LEAK AT TURBOCHARGERSOME 2011 6.7L DIESEL EQUIPPED VEHICLES MAY EXHIBIT AN OIL LEAK FROM THE TURBOCHARGER SUPPLY LINE OR FITTINGS. THESE COMPONENTS ARE AVAILABLE SEPARATELY AND DO NOT REQUIRE TURBOCHARGER REPLACEMENT (FITTINGS 6A968, LINE 6B689). IF LEAK IS BETWEEN THE FITTING AND LINE USE BOTH PARTS. THE CORRECT TOOL TO DISCONNECT LINE IS A 3/8 INCH QUICK LINE DISCONNECT TOOL, SUCH AS SNAP-ON LDTSP4OR EQUIVALENT. TURBOCHARGER OIL SUPPLY FITTING TORQUE IS 20-28 NM (177-247 LBS-IN). PLEASE ENSURE THAT THE LINE IS COMPLETELY CONNECTED AND THE RETAINING CLIPS ARE IN PLACE.EFFECTIVE DATE: 13-AUGUST-2010