Permatex High Temperature Sleeve Retaining Compound

Rate this topic

My parts guy got me some of this stuff to replace the Loctite 620 I've been using to install injector cups.  When I looked in the WSM for 6.0 cup replacement I was surprised to see they just want you using Motorcraft Threadlock 262, basically high strength red threadlocker.

7.3s have you using 620, probably why I have it.  I notice new heads have a ample amount of green retaining compound in the injector bores so I always assumed I was using the right stuff.

Any input?  What do you guys use?  I would link to the permatex site but I can't figure it out

I have both, and use both. Dmax lb7 calls for 262, high strength red. I use the 620 green on the 6.0. I have yet to see any failure of the sealant on either and think both would work ok.

• 2 weeks later...

Permatex emailed me back and said their high temp sleeve retainer would be fine for 6.0L injector cups and they also agree that Loctite 262 is not the correct compound for that application.

Loctite 620 is an industrial grade compound and not readily available in the automotive world.  I think the permatex would be a quick and good alternative (our NAPA had it in stock)