02 F-250 long crank

Rate this topic

Got  a 2002 F-250 267,000 miles that has a slightly long crank 2-3 seconds. (in 70 degree shop) no matter how long I let it sit it never cranks any longer. Customer states that it will almost not start, nice clean truck well maintained. I can only get 2-3 seconds of crank. If I cycle key off then restart it will fire up normally 1-2 second crank. No codes, new batteries,runs fine. Oil reservoir full. Buzz injectors sounds good.

Datalogger shows rpm 170, slow to build icp , it does ramp up quickly ,Ipr only gets to 45-48% when starts. With either head oil line plugged condition is the same. Installed new IPR same 2-3 second crank.

All that is remaining is the high press. pump but I am just not convinced that is going to fix this thing.

Just thought I would ask everyone if you have come across something like this before.

Let it outside 2 days then had customer come and started it. It just cranks slightly longer than other 7.3's customer only uses this truck to pull his camper.  He now says that it is starting ok.  I personally don't think there is anything wrong with it. But when you have two trucks sitting there and his makes 1-2 more revolutions it is different.