Torqueshift 6 harsh 1-2

Rate this topic

I have a few trucks in a fleet with a harsh 1-2 shift, and harsh 3-2 downshift.  All others are ok including 6th gear.  There are a couple 450s including 1 in my bay that really bang.  I replaced a main control body and repaired 1.  I have done the adaptive drive a few times, and they seem to come back with a harsh 1-2 and

3-2 only.  I see solenoids are available as long as they are matched, but having a good 5-6 leads me to

think the solenoid must be ok.  I have not removed the valve body.  Anyone else seeing a harsh 1-2 only.

• Like 1

Well, I put the latest software in, cleared TCM KAM, and adaptive tables, and got her hot. Performed the adaptive drive and now 2nd is extremely harsh and 6th is harsh as well. So I replaced the 2-6 solenoid and went through the KAM reset, adaptive reset, and adaptive drive and she shifts like butter. It looks like I will be replacing a few more, as they come in for service.

• Like 1