High Fuel pressure test issue.

Rate this topic

Second week of April, 2012 F350..Tow in for badly contaminated fuel. Smells like Italian salad dressing. :D LOL

Tank flushed, frame pump replaced, HPFP replaced, PCV replaced, replaced all injectors, replaced injector return line and fuel filter.

Truck starts, runs great, idle great, but when double checking fuel system on IDS. It failed pressure build up and bleed down more than 10 times.

Tech replaced VCV again unfortunately it still fails the same test.Now the Boss wants me to take over, here's what I did so far:KOEO = passedKOER = passedKOEO Injector test = passedKOER Glow plug test = passed.

On Special Function screen:During High pressure Fuel system test, I notice fuel pressure bar graph is struggling to get specific pressure and the bar graph for bleed down test did not lowered / dropped quickly enough. When that happens motor shuts off and the test failed.What could it be? :whattodo:I have been looking at symptom chart but did not find anything, unless you guys know something.After dickering around,  My only possible thought is the FRP sensor. :chinrub2: (Tech did not replaced FRP sensor)FYI...Customer do not want the truck back until it is fixed because insurance is paying  this bill, once this truck leaves then customer is on their own.

• 4 weeks later...

Were the fuel manifolds replaced? how about all the steel lines in the high pressure fuel system? Did he flush the fuel lines with clean diesel fuel? once the fuel system is contaminated everything in the high pressure fuel system needs to be replaced or else repeat failures will occur again.

yes, fuel manifold was replaced.

fuel system is flushed.

Base on data logging PIDs, Fuel Mass for cylinder 4 if off, techline advise me to replaced #4 injector again. Problem is fixed. Customer is happy.