6.4 high idle

Rate this topic

Question  2008 f350 tow truck. About 2 months ago install remain ford engine. Every thing went smooth and truck was mint when done. From this repair went to body shop to be sand blasted and painted. So over the course of two months it was started and moved to various positions around the shop and yard. Now when the truck is started it will idle at 1400 rpm all the time. I Have scanned and tested the truck with no concerns found. Ran ford oasis and a message comes up that basically says for all gas engines this is normal until it is driven. Kinda lie a charge protect thing... but message is or gas engine only. Is this a strategy for the diesels and should I just drive it like the message said or is there actually something wrong???? Anyone run in to this..thanks for any onput

Is the throttle pedal dead? I would bet you have a vref concern causing the high idle.

Check for codes. I bet there is a harness chafed somewhere.

Wow, I forgot about this. .I ran into two of these in the past that were intermittent. If I lifted up under the pedal on one truck the idle would come up. Don't recall a warning light either. Therefore I agree that the pedal is probably your target of interest.