3.2L Diesel Certification Requirements

Rate this topic

Diesel Fuel Supply & Fuel Injection Systems (51S04W2) and Diesel Air Inlet & Exhaust After Treatment (51S05W2) web courses have been updated to include 3.2 L Power Stroke information.

All new Diesel Diagnosis (51S14W0) web course. Diesel certified technicians will need to take this course by 10/31/14 to retain certification.

New Diesel Engine Performance Classroom Course (51S15T0) now available. Currently certified Technicians are not required to complete this course to maintain their certification. New wait list roll tool will automatically roll all techs currently on the list for 51S08T2 & 51S13T0 to the new 51S15T0 wait list.

Have you taken the 51S14W0 test yet?  I would really like to throw my computer out the window right now.  These scenarios are the only thing that could make fixing diesels unpleasant for me.  The visual inspection test is flawed on the both 2013 F-350 scenarios.  Inspect the fuel system is the correct answer even though it's clearly in the Quick Test visual inspection list  

Go into STARS and make sure your course completion status was transmitted.  If you go into "My Information" and "Training History" you'll see if it's the last course you completed.  Even though I did this course in August tonight I was still showing new requirements for Diesel Engine Performance. 

If it happens that your in the same boat as me re-launch the web course and it will show if you already completed it.  Hit the button that says retransmit record to STARS.