LCF Programming

Rate this topic

I'm trying to reflash a LCF. I've done quite a few before, a few years ago, using NETS with no problems. Trying to do one today. Trying to change my NETS password, but for some reason the NETS password screen does not open.

Has anyone used NETS lately? DId it work for you?

Also, does the old IC4COM interface still work with the new ServiceMaxx. I can't get that to work either...

I still use MD truck with the IC4 Com adapter and it still works. I cant tell you anything about Service  Maxx as I no longer have a license which I never used anyway I *think* because it required a subscription AND I *think* it requires the new USB Navlink .

I could be way off on this so if anyone knows different please chime in. I am still stuck using the old set up which works just dandy.

The fact that the screen does not appear is troubling however if you password itself is the problem contact the hotline. They can/will reset it for you.

• 2 weeks later...

No you can not use the ic4 with servicemaxx.  

NETS changed the password/logins a few months ago.  It required new logins and passwords.  NETS is in the process of being taken down in the near future...

NETS changed the password/logins a few months ago.  It required new logins and passwords.  NETS is in the process of being taken down in the near future...

I find this a little unsettling. It is needed less and less for me however there WILL be instances in the future where a module will require programming. What have you heard and from where?

This info came from service portal - Internationals tech info log in site.  They are basically revamping it, NETS has been around since the late 90's.  I am not sure exactly as to what they are changing and updating but will keep you posted.

I used the IC4COM interface with the latest ServiceMax and it works on a old Windows XP  laptop with a serial port. It did not work on a newer laptop under Windows 7 or Windows 8  using a usb to serial converter cable. The XP laptop also worked fine with NETS.

Ford hotline gave me a new Navistar password for programming a week ago which worked with NETS. I believe it expires after a few months, then you have to request it again...