6.0 F350 Stall, Injector Code

Rate this topic

Anyone ever had a injector cause a cold engine stall when decelerating to slow down?

I have a F350 that has a injector circuit code, I verified its the injector causing the code and verified the stall. Its like someone just turns the key off. It starts right away. I just have a code for the injector circuit.

I am not sure if the injector is related to the engine stall. I unplugged the suspect injector and cold started it a few times, and it has not stalled so far.

I've had injectors cause a no start but have not experienced them causing a stall...

What year?

2007 F350

I replaced the suspect injector, it fixed the misfire and code. And it has not stalled so far. But I still can't say both problems were related...

The shorted injector feeds the 48v back on the ground side, spiking the PCM which can cause all kinds of weird complaints.  I would lean towards that being both of your problems.  I've seen some really odd symptoms from shorted 6.0 injectors and it seems like every one is different.

:grin:

• Like 1

Although very few through the years I have wrenched on these trucks, I too have personally come across a couple shorted injectors that shut the engine down. And yes, these were admittedly tricky to pinpoint.

• 2 weeks later...

Until now I had not seen one of these mysterious things.

A truck came in with a rough running and stalling complaint. Misfire code for #3, cam and crank sensor circuit codes and the engine randomly shuts off. We also observed some idle surging and exiting the KOER test it actually was quite violent.  Assisting the tech I wanted to see some IDS tests and so on but two strange things were quite evident. First, when running power balance and clicking on the button to perform injector disable tests the engine magically smoothed out. Click the button and the misfire returned. Second thing was that the stalling was accompanied by a PCM reset. We started with replacing in the injector and so far, so good. There were no injector circuit codes and it passed the injector electrical self test no matter how many times it was run.So yes, shorted injectors do cause strange symptoms indeed. Thanx to our many discussions on the subject here it was something I was able to quickly consider.

I had a injector that wouldn't allow the engine to crank over, would just click,did all the diag for a no crank, found nothing, for some reason I thought that reprogram the PCM,FICM,and TCM would do something, well I forgot to install the ficm relay when it wanted to crank it over and it cranked, from there I knew it was related to the FICM some how, plugged the relay back in and it wouldn't crank!  unplugged all the injectors and it would crank over, started to plug one in at a time and found the bad injector

• Like 1