my ford touch

Rate this topic

exmod110

The gf has a 14 fusion with the touch system in it and has been doing strange things... like at times... no steering wheel controls for anything like radio heat msg center of the left of the dash no wipers except high no turn signals then all of a sudded they all come back. On a separate occasion the heater control dcided it was too warm and went to low twice in one trip. On other occasions the radio fails to work all together requiring restarting the car or on 2 occasions doing a system reset to get it working.

What kind of problems are you seeing out there?

Is this an isolated problem with her car?

we live in Manitoba and right now its cooler but my not be temperature related.

Every time i take it back to the dealer it is working fine and they boot it out.

Can you post a VIN. I can run oasis and see what pops up.

Our SYNC guy here says it's the APIM going stupid. Problem is some places won't change it on a "Just because" basis. You may have to talk to someone higher up in the dealership to get it done.

Follow the Service Procedure steps to perform software update.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

Run OASIS using the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and verify there are no open Service Actions. All Service Actions must be completed before attempting to perform this procedure.

Verify APIM Software Level

Determine the vehicle's current Accessory Protocol Interface Module (APIM) software level (CCPU S/W).

On the Front Display Interface Module (FDIM), select Menu then select Help.

Select System Information.

Note the last five digits of the CCPU S/W Version.

Are the last five digits 13171 or higher?

Yes - this procedure does not apply. Refer to Workshop Manual, Section 415-00 for normal diagnostics.

No - proceed to the Software Download Procedure.

The software update is also directly available to the customer by going to support.ford.com and support.lincoln.com web sites

This is from tsb 13-10-6. It is really easy to check the software level. This software update has fixed alot of strange concerns.

vin is 3fa6p0hrxdr270387

It is going in tomo and they can sit on it till Friday close. It did the temp thing twice again today on the way home but this time i heard the tone for when you tough the controls...

It did it twice each time with the touch tone happening first. may have a couple concerns like a defective control panel too...

I ran oasis and see they already did the tsb update.

06-NOVEMBER-2014

DEALER: Roblin Ford Sales Ltd.

WARRANTY CLAIM NUMBER: 010378 ODOMETER: 036606K

PART NUMBER PART DESCRIPTION QUANTITY

LABOR OP

CONDITION CODE

CONDITION DESC

14D212 MOD M/MEDIA 000 131006A 04 SOFTWARE REVISION/FLASH MODULE

APIM SCREEN GOES BLANK CHECKED DTCS NONE PERFORMED VISUAL INSPECTION ALL OK PERFORMED TSB 13-10-06 AP IM SOFTWARE UPDATE OLD VERSION 1228S UPDATE TO LAT EST VERSION 13171 OK NOW.

The gf has a 14 fusion with the touch system in it and has been doing strange things... like at times... no steering wheel controls for anything like radio heat msg center of the left of the dash no wipers except high no turn signals then all of a sudded they all come back. On a separate occasion the heater control dcided it was too warm and went to low twice in one trip. On other occasions the radio fails to work all together requiring restarting the car or on 2 occasions doing a system reset to get it working.What kind of problems are you seeing out there?Is this an isolated problem with her car?we live in Manitoba and right now its cooler but my not be temperature related.Every time i take it back to the dealer it is working fine and they boot it out.

The steering wheels controls, wipers, signals that are intermittently inoperative is likely caused by the steering column control module. Just did one with the same complaint a few weeks ago. Its an easy fix. Remove the steering wheel and column covers. Replace the module and reprogram it.

For the heater controls acting up, there's a reflash for the front control interface module, FCIM, that fixes the problem.

For the radio, do a Sync reflash.