Mac tools 6L tool kit (worth it?)

Rate this topic

It seems like a lot of management is that way. My previous manager was terrible at blaming on former techs or former manager then do nothing to fix concern. When my current manager started he was really surprised how run down we were on a lot of equipment and got the ok to upgrade a lot when they rebuilt the shop and added quick lane. We were able to get 18k hoists, powertrain lift,couple vcm 2 and new laptops. If a shop tools breaks he takes care of replacing it right away. If we run into a special tool we need he usually orders.

This crap strikes a nerve with me because I was a shop owner for 25 years and been through it all. I was(am) a tool junkie and our shop was better equipped than any other shop around, including dealers.  Tools and equipment don't cost money, they make money.

There's no excuse for running a poorly equipped shop in my opinion, and it pisses me off to see how some managers handle things.

Okay, enough.... 

:soapbox:

well the only reason I didn't come up to work with you was that there was no diesel work at your place for me...they wanted a general tech and I was more interested in pursuing my interests in diesel/truck work  

Ive worked at a shop like this in the past. I had to flat out refuse the jobs to get the right tools. Lucky I was not the only one in the shop that felt that way and with a group effort of refusing to work on the vehilces without the proper stufft we got what we needed. Im talking basic things like jacks, engine hoists, engine stands etc. Most of my common diag tools I simply bought myself so I didnt have to go on a hunt to find them