odometer programming

Rate this topic

blown99

A local indy shop has an 06 superduty with a 6.0l with 220,000 miles on it.  It was in need of a dash cluster.  He found a used one with 125k on it.  He is a dealer so he needs the mileage to be correct for paperwork etc.  How do I go about using my IDS to properly program the mileage.  A quick run down of the procedure would be great as I probably will do this at their place and won't have my reference materials if needed with me.  Is the mileage stored in the ecm or cluster on these?

I also don't think they can be changed by programmable parameters... when you order a new IC you have to include the mileage in the order form so they can pre program the cluster to the vehicles mileage. This way they can keep the authenticity of the mileage of vehicles legitimate, otherwise used car scammers would just buy "the tool" and program the IC on vehicles to be 100K lower then they actually are in order to bump up the $

I think the only way your going to be able to accurately change the mileage to be correct is to remove the IC and send it to a place that can re-flash it to the correct mileage then install it and program it to the vehicle, and remember when you program a IC you must have 2 keys if it has a PATS system. The security features are stored in the IC.

• 2 months later...