Technician Ratings

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

I learned today that Ford now is rating technicians off of the warranty surveys. It looks like they are going off of the FIRT, ready when promised and cleanliness of vehicle questions on the surveys. How new is this and has anybody been given their rating scores yet? I don't have one as of yet. Two of my techs had one survey scored each. Both have a negative rating. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif This is too funny!

I have seen my scores, but we get very few surveys returned. I don't really care where I'm at on their system, to be truthful. Due to the amount of parts problems, 126 game-playing, and product failings most of the scoring isn't anything I can control. I don't care to see the scoring used in pay plans like used with the Service Advisors at many stores. Tying the scores to pay has caused far too many problems.

I have seen my scores, but we get very few surveys returned. I don't really care where I'm at on their system, to be truthful. Due to the amount of parts problems, 126 game-playing, and product failings most of the scoring isn't anything I can control. I don't care to see the scoring used in pay plans like used with the Service Advisors at many stores. Tying the scores to pay has caused far too many problems.

So out of one side of their mouths they will say getting paid is a "dealer issue" and the other side will say they will start cutting your pay for a customer being disgusted with having to repeatedly bring their 50K truck in for repairs?

Hey Thanks Keith I forgot about that...

well I just checked mine 100% across the board baby!!!!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rockon.gif

For the info

fmcdealer, parts & service tab, Customer satisfaction (on left side of page), customer viewpoint, performance reports drop down tab(top of page just left of center), individual accountability, then service technician. if you want to click on your name you can see what customer threw you under the bus. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/boxing.gif

I just checked that out. WOW! There is a lot of information and you can see and expand all of your co-workers information. I wonder if we are all supposed to be able to see the Customer Viewpoint information? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shrug.gif Well, if it's a mistake I am sure Ford will strip us the right to access it pretty quick. Personally, I think it's good that we can review that kind of stuff and use it as a tool for self improvement.

just my /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/2cents.gif

Ahhh.... doomed to be the redheaded stepchild, for forever....

Can't see anything like it on the Canajun site... not that it would make much difference for me (I've been told I have a "problem with authority"... those that mention it wont tell me if the problem is with having it or with receiving it...).

We all know that we will never please all of the people all of the time.... Unless I have a customer that desparately needs some sort of "different" treatment (this could be good or bad for the customer as required), I treat my customers as I would want to be treated. If this would result in a complaint - oh, well.

We should simply strive to be the best we can... and do it with pride and dignity.

• 3 weeks later...

I like this idea but the problem is that it's not possible to control the accuracy of the responses from customers.

I can't tell you how many times I and other techs have been blasted on a survey with incorrect "No" FIRTFT answers and "Overall Satisfaction"/"Recommend Dealership" simply because of either a problem with a service writer, or even better, they're just unhappy with the PRODUCT.

I've had surveys where I got a bad review, but the "message" the customer left was along the line of "The service department was excellent and fixed the vehicle right away without question, but I can't believe that I had to drive 45 minutes for a 10 minute repair that shouldn't have been needed on my $40,000 truck." And this resulted in a Bad "service satisfaction" and "FIRTFT" score EVEN THOUGH they mentioned that it was fixed correctly... people don't really always pay attention to what they're filling out.

Dave

well ive only had 5 surveys returned in the last 12 months. FIRTFT score was 100 and the lengeth of time to repair score was 90%. kinda inacurate anyways seeing very few customers actually return the surveys. the sucky thing about this is i wasnt eligible to qualify for the cruise drawing for the senior masters that continued to stay certified because the shop didnt meet the FIRTFT scores we had to meet.

Don't feel too bad, Rich.... I didn't qualify for the cruise simply because I live in Canada.

There are a lot of carrots that Ford dangles in front of US techs that the rest of the world never gets to see.....

Even the "crown " we get to wear.... In Canada, I can beome a "senior" tech or I can become a "master" tech.... I cannot be called a "senior master" tech (sounds kind of redundant, anyway).

In the end, it is not about monetary rewards or titles.... it is about doing what we do and doing it well....

Our best customers rarely get the opportunity to fill in a questionare.. because filling out questionares p*sses them off... "Get me in, get me fixed and get me on the road..." is what they are after.... Once my customer is happy, I can fight with Ford later.

In the end, it is not about monetary rewards or titles.... it is about doing what we do and doing it well....

Once my customer is happy, I can fight with Ford later.

So you would still do this job for half what you make now?

That's what has happened down here over the last five years...they say we just have to upsell more and work Saturadys to make it up...so we will STILL make LESS money and have to work more hours will screwing every customer? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banghead.gif

Originally Posted By: Jim Warman

Once my customer is happy, I can fight with Ford later.

So you would still do this job for half what you make now?

That's what has happened down here over the last five years...they say we just have to upsell more and work Saturadys to make it up...so we will STILL make LESS money and have to work more hours will screwing every customer? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banghead.gif

heck no, im barely willing to do it for what i make now let alone less. the only reason i keep my certs current is for myself, not the shop. at the rate this business is going, in a few more years maybe we can finally get what we deserve as shops continue to have trouble finding qualified, certified replacements for those that leave. i was on disability for 2 months, it took my shop the whole 2 months to find someone to fill in while i was out, they went through 3 people and it was the 3rd that started 1 day before i came off disability that could actually fix diesels. the other 2 were just warm bodies that didnt work out.