union shop

Rate this topic

nelsona19

The only Ford truck shop in the area shares Sterling and Isuzu and its a union shop. Nothing but problems come from there. Known as the laziest crooks around. They sell the hell out of trucks though and outfit the bodies in house.

The last time a union tried to push it's way into Alberta, anyone supporting it was looking for new employment. Haven't been in one myself, so I can't give anymore info than that.

• 2 weeks later...

The last time a union tried to push it's way into Alberta, anyone supporting it was looking for new employment. Haven't been in one myself, so I can't give anymore info than that.

That happed here with our company. A group tried and got shut down very quicky.

my self personally I am very anti union

I have been on both sides.There are positives and negatives of Union, unfortunately negatives out weight positives.

Union is not a cure all for FUBAR shop, it is just band-aid. You must fixed shop first and get everybody on same boat otherwise there will be chaos.Union protects seniority and lazy workers, nothing you can do once Union is in! That being said, why Union, we got laws that protect us, on top of that I certainly don't need to pay expensive one time initiation fee and weekly union fees to protect me while the Union Rep wallet are getting bigger and bigger.One more thing, if you ever decided to leave Union shop, then you may have to pay first to apply Union withdrawal card / application otherwise they can go after you to pay what you owed them.( .....kinda stupid...doesn't it......)