15S09

Rate this topic

lmorris

More reprogramming...This one over rides 14E03 on units with it still open. 2011-2014 MY pays 0.7, 2015 MY pays 0.5. Applies to Ambulance prep vehicles only.

In all of the affected vehicles, a single Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) sensor fault or over-temperature condition can cause the vehicle to enter a Failure Management Effects Mode (FMEM), resulting in a Stop Safely Now warning and DTC P200C and/or P200E. If this condition occurs, the driver will hear five audible chimes, a Stop Safely Now message will appear in the instrument cluster, and the Powertrain Malfunction light will illuminate. After these warnings, engine power will be reduced over approximately 45 seconds but remain adequate to maintain vehicle speed of 40 – 56 KPH allowing the driver to maneuver the vehicle to a safe location. When the vehicle is stopped by the driver, the engine will be shut off to begin a cool down period. The engine may not restart for 10 – 60 minutes, depending on environmental conditions.

I don't know why we don't do the same, but I recall from my Cummins training that no emergency or transit vehicles will derate or shut down.  Emergency vehicles for the obvious reasons, and transit vehicles would not so as to not have a shut down on train tracks.