P2263 KOER?

Rate this topic

Got a high miles 6.4 here that seems to not be able to make desired exhaust back pressure at idle. Ran all the normal pp test KA diag and verified with KA8 that EBP is not high enough with the engine at 1500 rpm and VGT at 90%.

Now at the start of all this I did have a bad EBP sensor and a small tear in the hot side lower cac boot. Those issues have been resolved along with a calibration update, EBP tube cleaning, VGT solenoid swapped with a known good one, MAP sensor removed and cleaned. I even devised an EGR block off plate to rule out the EGR valve not sealing all the way. No change with anything. Crankcase pressure is well in spec also. Air filter is clean, DPF pressures are good, tailpipe is clean as a whistle.

Hotline thinks a high side compressor cover cleaning is in order and if that doesn't work then put turbos in it.

Anyone ever ran across this? Low EBP at low engine speeds? Otherwise the truck runs fine, I'm not sure if it will even set a P2263 while driving but it won't clear a P1000 after 30+ miles.

Also if anyone cares I installed a 6.7L EBP sensor for testing purposes and it behaved exactly the same as the DPFE-7 sensor the 6.4L actually calls for (I installed the correct one later).  I saved the 6.7 sensor from an early EBP tube leak. 

The only difference externally I could see was the 6.4 sensor has International engineering numbers stamped in it and the 6.7 sensor does not.  Otherwise same sensor, probably same vendor.

I just had a guy driving an '08 F-550 onto my doorstep complaining of a "SERIOUS lack of power". It set a P2263 KOER as well. Pulled the hood open, and hot side CAC hose was ruptured.

• 1 month later...

So I have 1 here now.  55k miles.  sets 2263.  ebp koeo good.  wiggle the hell out of the connector with no change.  test drive and

desired and actual ebp are right on.  customers complaint is smoke.  now I know I have a cracked dpf due to the smoke.  He runs a fucking Edge programmed and an aftermarket air filter as well.  Maf reads 42 or so at idle which seems high.  cleaned sensor with no change.  The smoke may be normal for a cracked dpf, but still cant get 2263 to pass.  #3 stft is -7 to -8.  oil level is not overfull.  The 1 thing I Notice is the egr closed voltage is 1.17 to 1.18.  I believe it should be closer to 1 volt.  We know how easily the valves come out to inspect for sticking slightly open so I haven't physically checked it.  I can see it start to build boost on the koer test, but failes with 2263.  No CAC leaks, no excessive crankcase pressure.  last regen complete was 525 miles ago and pid is clean.  I want a factory airbox and a dpf, but I sure don't want to start plugging the new filter. 

I have an 09 f-350 dually ( a friends truck) that is setting this code. It will only do it pulling his trailer (39' toy hauler) up a large hill. It pulls like mad (has an h&s tuner and full delete exhaust) and then all of a sudden it de-rates and falls on its head. I went out the other night with him with an IDS connected, we pulled his trailer up the same 8% 4km long hill 3 times. Of the 3 pulls it only de-rated once. The strange think is no pids looked out of range anywhere. The only thing I can see is that VGT was at a very low %, around 5% I think, mgp was 36 ish, all temps were good. Every time I have ever scanned this thing it had no codes, except right after it de-rated, I pulled cmdtcs and p2263 came up. Im thinking a sticking vgt, but have never watched pids on a 6.4l pulling that hard.