2008 6.4 making oil

Rate this topic

I got a 6.4 with a high oil level. HP fuel pump was all ready replaced at another dealer for same concern. seem to take care of it for a few months. Now I got it with the same concern. drained 22 qts out. ran hp fuel test many times, passed. removed both valve covers and ran HP fuel test many times, no leaks anywhere. Even added dye to fuel, resealed injectors and replaced supply lines for good measure. reassembled, marked dipstick, cust brought back a couple days later, oil level climbing again. Hotline said try another HP pump. replaced pump, changed oil and noted level. We drove it many miles without giving back to customer to rule out any tampering, after a few hundred miles.....oil level starting to climb. and it passes the IDS HP fuel test with flying colors everytime.

Check #2 and #8 closely.  Perform relative compression test, manual compression test and check the blow by for unevenness.Blow by can be in spec even with a bad cylinder.

Check #2 and #8 closely.  Perform relative compression test, manual compression test and check the blow by for unevenness.Blow by can be in spec even with a bad cylinder.

He is looking for bent connecting rods, right?

Any of these I have had have all been leaking injector bodies. If it was a truck that had the injector recall way back when, look closely at any injectors that didn't get changed. I know its tough on these, but get her good and hot, then rip the covers off, so the engine is still quite warm, then run up hp fuel pressure with dye in the fuel.

• 1 month later...