'04 F250 6.0 stall every time

Rate this topic

I'm stumped.  I have our service truck in the shop, 04 6.0, it's the early build with the old intake manifold.  It starts normal, then stalls after 5-15 sec. Just shuts down.  The problem started during an induction/injector cleaning.  We had the machine hooked up when it stalled the first time.  Our injector cleaner is a DFS 910, it bypasses the fuel pump by looping the supply and return at the upper filter housing, then runs off a chemical cleaner. It also has an adapter that goes into the egr port which sprays cleaner though the exhaust side and then the intake side.  I ran the machine cleaning the exhaust side, then I switched the the intake setting, the truck ran for about a minute, started to smoke grayish white, then stalled.  It hasn't stayed running since.  I put everything back together, still, the trucks starts, then shuts off.  No codes.  FICM, 47.5-48 key on, crank, run, even when it stalls.  ICP is good, psi goes up just as it dies, as if its trying to keep itself alive.  ICP_Desired goes upwards of 1800 as its shutting off.  There's barely any throttle response when the truck is running and will stall it quicker when throttle is applied.  FICM sync is YES.  I pulled the turbo downpipe off, thinking the cat got clogged, nope.  I checked for exhaust in the fuel. I even tried helping it run with ether, nothing.  I don't know if the injector cleaner caused the problem or if it was coincidence.  Someone point me in the right direction please.

With ICP climbing during the stall I would suspect a fuel starvation issue. What is your fuel pressure? I wonder if the flush machine had something in the lines that pushed into the trucks fuel lines and is now causing a restriction.