2012 F-150 5.0 miss

Rate this topic

batmantech

Got a 12 150 with 43,000  Concern was when in gear just coming off the brake the truck would surge or jerk forward.

Miss on power balance has #4 down -20 and #6,7 -10. Relative comp #4 down 4% 2 down 2% compression down in those holes 4 90 psi 6,7 125 others 140. Cylinder leakage #1 15% #4 80% 6,7 60% and 40% #5 50%. All blowing out the crankcase. 

Just thought a would ask, what you guys have been seeing on the 5.0? I have heard of some issues, nothing on hotline past reports. I hate to go in after the cylinder/ring/piston issue without knowing about other possible issues. Any feedback would be great.

Have seen quite a few with valves sucked up into the head causing weird misses and driveability issues.  But 85% of them that are at that point also have burnt cylinder walls as well. On a couple of them just the head did replacement did repair it but if one head is gone the other usually isn't far behind.  As far as I have seen so far its is most often cyl 4 and cyl 8 that the intake valves pull into the head.  hotline had said that the new heads have redesigned valve guides and different valves. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got another one 2012 f-150 with 109,000 tons of idle hours (road construction truck).

Misses , cylinder leakage is 80% or more on the missing holes. cylinder #4 worst, all leaking into crankcase.