Question about Engine lift brackets.

Rate this topic

batmantech

I have installed a few new engine assemblies lately 6.7, 5.0  and have been eyeballing those engine lifting brackets. If a pair of those happened to disappear and not get sent back with the core would they notice? Will the core get charged back?

image201512300002.jpg

My parts guy is pretty sure you will be charged for them. There is usually a check list with the engine that lists what needs to be sent back for full credit. I seem to recall the lifting brackets being on that list, but not %100 sure.

There might be some sitting beside my box from the last long block I put in ...... nobody from parts or service is yet to get mad at me and it's going on at least a month.

I always grab the first set I do and then reinstall the rest......that's on any engine. I've never been called in the office for such practices.

I just did a complete 67 drop in and it did not come with lifting brackets. Guess what? I couldn't find mine. :fuming: Karma can be a bitch sometimes.