Daily Observations - Part II

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

It is possible to replace the intake manifold to front cover dounut on a 6.0 without removing the turbo or oil filter housing.

I was actually told by Hotline that this was possible. They can be useful at times.

I've been practicing lock picking and had some success with cheaper padlocks. First order was to pick the ASSET kids new Husky brand tool box. Got both top and bottom open and since he comes in afternoons now I left it for him. The look on his face was priceless. Needless to say he doesn't even lock it up anymore.

Because some days you can't remember where you left part 1.  :scratch:

Maybe it will re-appear as ominously as is disappeared.

So I guess I was not going cr :crazy2: azy the other week when I looked for it.

I've been practicing lock picking and had some success with cheaper padlocks. First order was to pick the ASSET kids new Husky brand tool box. Got both top and bottom open and since he comes in afternoons now I left it for him. The look on his face was priceless. Needless to say he doesn't even lock it up anymore.

So..what's your level at now..and are you putting any skill points into the lock picking tree?

Sorry..had to do that....I just got back into playing a thief character on Skyrim and couldn't resist. 

So..what's your level at now..and are you putting any skill points into the lock picking tree?

Sorry..had to do that....I just got back into playing a thief character on Skyrim and couldn't resist.

image.jpg

• Like 1

2014 Shelby GT500 was broken into last night. $29000 Canadian to put 2 new front seats in it.

wtf is the issue with people stealing seats?   Some things just disgust me. 

and 29k cdn?  really? 

I have a Honda S2000, one of the most popular stolen seat cars.  There's been a market since 2000 for seat locks for them.  Decent used seats are $1500 a set.  New, forget it. 

Unreal. 

The sticker says "No Idling" yet these guys idle a lot, total engine hours was just over 1200. So just under half it's run time is idling. Just thought it was a little funny. 

With scrap steel prices this low I will no longer be able to fund my kid's college anymore based solely on paper clips that the parts guys put on my parts bags....I think they must have a semi-automatic stapler

How does one explain to a customer that their engine is pooched when it was just in 20 KM's ago and was starting and running fine. Case in point: The 2012 F550 in my bay. I was in before for an under carriage damage inspection, nothing else. Replaced a few banged up things then let the truck go. 20 km's later the truck dies while driving and wouldn't restart. P2291 in memory. Truck did start, but stalled when put in gear, now is a not start again. High pressure fuel is over 8000 PSI when cranking and it wants to start, but won't. Clean diesel and no metal, rust or DEF in the system. Compression test has a mix of 200-250 psi...well below the 300 psi minimum spec in the WSM. It's got warranty, but the owner, and us, are baffled on what happened.... :chinrub2:  :scratch:  :shrug:  :readthis: ...numbers don't lie and I trust my diagnostic equipment.

Did anyone notice on a 6.7 when you reset/clear specified function there is one parameter called "turbo system?"

I never noticed this before. I remember all the usual MAF, EGR, NOx, DPF, WIF, HPF, etc.

Didn't notice... what IDS version are you on?