SCT livewire turbo control question.

Rate this topic

So a little back story. This is the 2009 6.4L that the customer bought the short block from us and had the mechanics at his work install for him. 7 months later it's ni my bay locked up solid. They also removed the EGR coolers and valve and replaced his Superchip tuner for an SCT Livewire tuner with new turbo pipes, EGT sensors and a nice looking gauge set on the A-pillar. Funny thing is the EBP tube is not connected to the exhaust anymore, and a quick look at the MAP sensor reveals it is horribly restricted.

So now for the question. How would the programming compensate for no turbo input? I don't want this to be a fight over who is paying the bill to get it running again.

That would be easy for me. I would put it back in the parking spot they left it in. Stock or I ain't working on it.

I'm glad I'm not the only who thought this when I read the post above.

It is very hard to get a straight answer from anyone when it comes to stuff like this. Ford barely tells us what there changing when it comes to pcm strategy. Does this truck have the stock turbos on it, maybe if it is not a vvt turbo the aftermarket programming just infers ebp so he can run a different turbo set up. Situations like this is why I don't like working on hot rod diesel stuff.

I managed to talk to the driver/owner of the truck and he confirmed my suspicion, he pointed it out to the guy working on it and never heard anything else on it. There is a fitting on the left turbo pipe for the EBP sensor, so I will be putting it in there. I got the feeling from the driver/owner that  he regrets getting it done by the company's mechanics. He asked me to make sure everything was done right before releasing the truck to him.

Yeah but the location of the stock EBP tube causes issues with clogging when there is no horizontal cooler there. It seems like all the moisture collects at the bottom of the egr doc pipe with no where to go.

The EGR DOC pipe has also been removed, so the EBP is going to be up by the turbo now.

20160211_135215.jpg