2016 F-150 2.7 Eco-boost, gauge reads low oil pressure at idle.

Rate this topic

38ryr88

I was gifted a 2016 F-150 2.7 Eco-boost with a front cover oil leak right before the gasoline line tech went on vacation. The truck has approx. 7800 miles on it. I only work on diesels and had never even opened the hood on one before. We replaced the front cover gasket, oil pan gasket, both valve cover gaskets. I was careful to use the right thickness of silicone on the mating surfaces and let it dry for a full day. Right after we started it up the oil pressure gauge drops out intermittently at idle only. The spec in the WSM only states 30 PSI at 1500 RPM. Put a oil pressure gauge on it and I have 30 PSI at 1500 RPM but only 7-8 at idle when it drops out. I contacted the Hot (NOT)-line and was informed that I have a problem with the oil pressure sensor and not a base engine concern ?? WTF ? I informed them once again that I used a manual oil pressure gauge and only got a reading of 7-8 psi at idle. I was then instructed that there is NO spec for oil pressure at idle ? Hot-line instructed us to replace the oil pump which we did with no change in the symptom. oil level is at the full mark. The oil filter stem and O-rings are intact and properly seated. we of course, used an OEM filter and 5/30 oil as required per the WSM. When we removed the oil pan for the second time, all silicone gasket material seems accounted for on both the engine block and oil pan itself. The o-ring inside the pump is properly seated and the pick up tube is intact and not cracked.We replaced the oil pan during the oil pump replacement just in case. The only other thing I can think of is the oil galley seal on the front of the engine under the front cover which we have not taken back apart yet. Anybody run into this concern before ? Thank you