14' engine idled only message

Rate this topic

morning all, have the engine idle only see manual fault on the dash.  found a later pcm recal and tsb-14-0192

so I updated the pcm and followed the tsb 2x now and cant see to get it clear.

made sure it was a cold soak, verified pid for reduct pressure was zero then watched it come up.  as the injector square wave started I limped it around until it stopped then parked it revved it to 2k and waited for egt14 to reach 311*.  well it reached it and then nothing I kept it going wil it reached 380*(15-20 mins after it hit 311*) and nothing.

I did notice after it hit the set "311*"  the injector would cycle every few seconds, I thought it was carrying out its own test but alas itll do it till it runs out of fuel.

NO dtc's and I verified the def level is full and clean.

what am I missing?

thanks.

You are not missing anything, that procedure is a royal pain in the ass. Run a manual regen on it and it will clear the message. I gave up on the procedure shortly after it was updated. Hotline told me to run the regen when the procedure fails. Now I just run a regen.

Yeah, I just had a truck that set the P207F that I slammed an NOx sensor into that gave me a hard time to reset as well. Remembering it mentioned here, I tried running a manual regen and that cleared it up too.

I remember trying the regen thing too. I also have just continued to drive the truck up and down the side street here at 4 MPH and twice doing that it cleared after an additional 5-10 minutes. (yes I was is in a stubborn mood when I discovered this)

• 3 weeks later...

after letting the truck sit and at 4am i can navigate nyc streets at 5mph i tried the procedure again and it went away.  still not confident on what just happened lol

Sometimes I am left feeling the same way. You swear you performed the road test procedure correctly but it just does not work... then, it does.