alliant power head gasket kit

Rate this topic

tonybullitt

Personally, I don't use anything other than Ford parts for a repair like that.  On the topic of studs on a 6.4...  Years ago, I was in 6.4 a training seminar put on by some cats at Blue Diamond.  It had techs from dealers, independents, fleets and such.  Quite a few people asked why they were using TTY bolts, rather than studs on 6.0s and 6.4s.  Their answer was that there is not enough material in the block to withstand the clamping forces of head studs, especially on a 6.4, where the bore and bolt holes are larger; which can lead to a cracked block.  I don't know if they were blowing smoke out of their asses, but it is a policy that I live by.

6.4s can crack blocks when high tensile strength studs are used. Not the regular ARPs but rather the ones made of tool steel like H11.

I would be okay using ARPs and factory gaskets. Anything else belongs in a performance shop.

When the arp studs first came out for the 6.0 the torque spec was about 60ft/lbs heavier than it is now. They found the excess clamp loads were distorting the block and deck surface.

I have used Fel Pro headgaskets on the 6.0 for many years now, and many many trucks. Never an issue, and some of these trucks are putting out some nice hp. Have done two trucks almost back to back that both had Allianz Power gaskets used and only made it 6 months. Mind you, that was a number of years ago, but they were redone with fel pro and no issues since.