Pro-start remote starter issue

Rate this topic

I replaced the remote start in a 2004 Nissan Ultima today. Simple install because the old remote starter was same brand and it was a simple module and antenna swap. Everything works, except the starter stays engaged when the engine starts. The instructions are vague at best and the company encourages a professional installer do the work. No DYI customer support on weekends. It is supposed to have a virtual tach system to control starter engagement, that doesn't seem to be working. Anyone with experience that can throw in some advice? The only thing I can think of is the tach sense wire is not required on automatics, but it doesn't say it must not be connected. I am not sure if the tach signal used for the old module is messing with the new one. No longer have access to car till tomorrow so I didn't try cutting the tach wire yet. 

Did the new module come with the installation manual? Virtual tach is a voltage sensing mode most likely and may need to be learned to the vehicle. I was a dealer for a different brand(Crimestopper Security) and many options had to be programmed at time of install, it's not always a simple plug and play operation.

I see Pro-start is a Directed brand, if you don't have the install manual I may be able to get you one from a friend who is a dealer for some of their other brands. What model number is the starter?

What's your email address and I'll send you the full installation manual I got for it. He uses the Astrostart brand and isn't familiar with options/setup for Pro-start so he couldn't help much there, but does agree it likely needs programmed for tach settings.

All fixed. Read through the complete install and it led me to checking factory wiring and it needs 2 starter wire outputs. Just needed to move the 5th relay option jumper over to 2nd starter. Thanks Buddy_M.