Permanant DTC's

Rate this topic

8WA Sman

SSM 45920 - 2015-2016 F-Super Duty - 6.7L Diesel - Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) Unable ToClear Codes Using A Scan Tool

Some 2015-2016 F-Super Duty vehicles equipped with a 6.7L diesel engine may exhibit an illuminated MIL with DTCs:P218F, P123E, P123F, P22A2, P2204, P207F, P204E, P2085, P204F, P202E, P130E, P203E and P205E which remain present after repairing/attempting to clear fault DTCs,using a scan tool. These DTCs will not be cleared with a scan tool. After fixing the root concern for the identified DTCs, ifany of these DTCs have status flags of: -08,-18,-48,-58 and -68. You may proceed to clear any accompanying DEF Fluid System Fault messages in Instrument Panel Cluster(IPC). Use Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) System Procedures in PC/EDManual Section 2 for correct drive cycles to clear DEF System Fault messages. If the MIL is no longer illuminated and the DEF Fluid System Fault messages are no longer present, no further repairs are needed.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES
2015 - 2016 TRUCK: FA P473 SUPER DUTY

G0000122.pdf

I have to wonder if this is related to any EPA regulation or just Ford and one of their "better ideas" that make our life miserable. So I also want to know if we are EXPECTED to perform a drive cycle to clear these DTC's. For the moment, with the exception of the faults that cause a warning or indicator to show or a de-rate condition I am letting these roll out the door... as long as I am convinced the concern is repaired.

I noticed on an 12 F-550 I scanned yesterday had a P220E in memory that was now listed under a section called "Permanent DTCs" when CMDTCs were scanned. I erased the code, CMDTCs said pass, the cel went out but I'm curious to see what happens from all this? The trucks programming didnt change, are we seeing something that has always been there?

It's my understanding that these have been around for quite some time in the generic side.

Permanent DTC is defined in SAE J1979/ISO 15031-5 Service $0A. Google SAE J1979 PDF & open the link if you want to be bored out of your mind :readthis::banghead:

I will probably mostly just be thinking of them as other forms of Fords P1000. We do not have Emissions testing were I am at but I still do drive cycles....sometimes 

• 6 months later...