Canadian Tire, Canada's Auto Store

Rate this topic

mrbudge

Did it used to be "Canada Auto Repair" until they figured out they couldn't find the tools to work on anything?

Safe to say no one with OCD works at this location.

I don't understand how on earth the big red triangle is still in the car repair business.  We have one around the corner, and constantly get people coming in for second opinions to their estimates.  Just last week, a 2007 Focus came in with an estimate to replace a thermostat housing, both radiator hoses and the radiator for a coolant leak.  We replaced a hose clamp to fix it.  Everything they look at needs CPR (calipers, pads and rotors).  I know they are completely dead, so I'm sure the guys are just bending everybody over to make a paycheque.  I'm sure they get bonused on the parts they sell...  If you call their shitty house brand stuff "parts"...

• Like 1

It is very confusing to say the least. You should see the 2 story Canadian Tire superstore that went up in south Edmonton. That place is huge. The service department is twice the size as the normal stores. It has a 5 or 6 door breezeway. Each lane has it's own quick alignment check set up. They are never busy. Plus there is a Kal Tire right behind them that is always busy. 

• 1 month later...

I was in Calgary a few months ago, when it was super cold, and my low tire pressure light came on. I stopped at a Canadian tire to get some air, (they wouldnt let me do it myself). A guy (tech?) came out and was checking my tires. He was using a tire filler with a built in slider guage, same one I have at work. He was using a separate digital guage to check pressure. I said to him " there is a guage on that air chuck you know?". His reply was "yes, but we are only allowed to use digital gauges, so we don't screw it up". 

I was in Calgary a few months ago, when it was super cold, and my low tire pressure light came on. I stopped at a Canadian tire to get some air, (they wouldnt let me do it myself). A guy (tech?) came out and was checking my tires. He was using a tire filler with a built in slider guage, same one I have at work. He was using a separate digital guage to check pressure. I said to him " there is a guage on that air chuck you know?". His reply was "yes, but we are only allowed to use digital gauges, so we don't screw it up". 

If you ever make to the Edmonton area and need air, find a Hughes Car wash location. Only company left that has FREE air.